What is content marketing?
Traditional media is too expensive and not personal. People living in the 21st century want a their brands to be more interactive. Marketing is not a one way street anymore. There needs to be a ongoing conversation between the business and the buyer. Content marketing is one of the newest additions to the marketing family. The Content Marketing Institute, an online resource for all the information you need on content marketing describes what exactly content marketing is:
“Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.”
Reflecting a strategic push by marketers to bypass conventional advertising and media-buying, so-called “content marketing” has grown in a relatively short period of time into a $16 billion global industry. That is among the top line findings of the 2018 edition of media research and economists PQ Media’s Global Branded Entertainment Forecast.
Versions of content marketing:
- blog articles
- social media marketing
Steps for content marketing
1. Translate your brand
- You should have some kind of sentence that shows what your brand stands for
- There should be a emotional connection between your brand and your consumers
- Establish a brand tone
2. Research your consumers
- Ask yourself, why is this person buying my product?
- Look at your target market and start to segment them to understand the overall target market
3. Create Content
- You should be creating content that matches your consumer’s interest
- Does your brand attitude match the attitude of your consumers?
- You must keep your content on the same track or else the work will appear not organized
- You want your consumers to know your content publishing schedule in order to keep them intrigued